Highlights from the Week
1. Yesterday, President Joe Biden signed an executive order requiring private businesses with 100 or more employees to require COVID-19 vaccinations or weekly testing. Click here to read the order. Click here to read the latest from your representatives about the distribution of the coronavirus vaccine.
2. Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of the events of September 11, 2001. Click here to read statements of remembrance from your representatives.
3. This week the Supreme Court refused to block a Texas abortion bill from taking effect on September 1st. Read what’s in the legislation here. Read President Joe Biden’s tweet reacting to SCOTUS’ decision here. Read statements for Congressional representatives here.
4. This week Hurricane Ida’s death toll rose to 11 after leaving the state of Louisiana without power for over a million residents. Click here to read statements from your representatives about the aftermath of the storm.
5. California’s gubernatorial recall election is scheduled for next Tuesday, September 14. Click here to see the list of candidates. Click any candidate’s “Positions” folder to see their Political Courage Test responses.
By Makala and the Elections Research team
Get ready to vote! Find updated information on voter registration requirements in all 50 states here.
By Chelsea and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 900 statements were added this week
States: 25 bills added
Congress: 0 bills added