Highlights from the Week
1. Today Senate Republicans blocked a bill that would have created a commission to investigate the January 6 U.S. Capitol breach. See how senators voted here.
2. President Joe Biden’s proposed infrastructure bill was countered by Republican senators this week. Read about the conflicting plans here.
3. The ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has continued to hold. Read statements from your representatives about the Middle East unrest here.
4. It's been one year since George Floyd was killed. Read what President Biden and Vice-President Harris had to say about this anniversary here. Read statements from your representatives here.
5. Half of U.S. adults are now fully vaccinated. Click here to read the latest statements from your representatives about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
By Makala, James, and the Elections Research team
A special election is scheduled for June 1st in New Mexico’s 1st Congressional District to fill the seat previously held by Deb Haaland, who is now serving as the Secretary of the Interior. See all the candidates here. Click on any candidate’s bio folder to learn more.
CA State Assembly 54, PA State House 48, 59, 60 & State Senate 22, AL State House 78
By Annie, Chelsea, and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 1,630 statements were added this week
States: 29 bills added
The Alabama Senate passed a bill that would prohibit election workers from setting up curbside voting.
Congress: 2 bills added
PN 124: Vote to confirm President Biden's nomination of Chiquita Brooks-LaSure to be Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
HR 3237: Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $1.9 billion in the 2021 fiscal year emergency supplemental appropriations for the legislative branch and federal agencies to respond to the attack on the U.S. Capitol Complex that occurred on January 6, 2021.