Highlights from the Week
1. This week the Senate passed the Violence Against Women Act, which would increase protections for women from domestic abuse, violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Click here to see how they voted.
2. This week the House voted to pass a resolution that would remove the ratification deadline for the Equal Rights Act. Click here to see how they voted.
3. The United States has seen an influx of migrants at its southern border. Click here to read statements from your representatives regarding border security and immigration policy.
6. Last week the House passed a pair of gun bills that would establish new background check requirements for firearm transfers and require federal firearms licensees to wait 10 business days for a completed background check before transferring a firearm. Click here and here to read what’s in the bills.
7. Last week the House passed the Protecting the Right to Organize Act, which would expand labor protections related to employees' rights to organize and collectively bargain in the workplace. Click here to read what’s in the bill.
By James and the Elections Research team
No updates for this week - keep an eye out for future updates!
By Annie, Chelsea, and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 1,427 statements were added this week
The Georgia Senate passed a bill that would limit absentee voting to individuals 65 years or older.
The South Carolina House passed a bill that would authorize the state election commission to establish statewide election laws and procedures.
The Arizona Senate passed a bill that would repeal deceased individuals from county voter registration databases.
Congress: 4 bills added