Highlights from the Week
1. This week the US Senate failed to advance their version of the For the People Act. Click here to see how they voted. Click here to read statements from your representatives about voting rights legislation.
2. The week the House of Representatives passed the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act. Click here to see how they voted.
3. This week the Senate narrowly voted to confirm Kiran Ahuja as the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). See how your senators voted here.
4. Today the Biden Administration announced a deal between the White House and a bipartisan group of senators for a multi-billion dollar infrastructure plan. Click here to read statements from your representatives.
5. This week the White House announced that the country would narrowly miss its goal of having 70 percent of the country vaccinated by July 4th. Click here to read the latest statements from your representatives about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
By Makala and the Elections Research team
We've tracked 26 special elections in 2021 so far! See all upcoming elections here.
By Chelsea and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 1,450 statements were added this week
States: 31 bills added
The North Carolina Senate passed a bill that would require state election officials to stop collecting mail-in ballots after Election Day, even if they are mailed on time.
The Rhode Island House passed a bill that would authorize persons with disabilities and persons active in the military to receive and return mail ballots electronically.
The Michigan Senate passed a bill that would require anyone applying for an absentee ballot to present a form of ID as part of their application.
Congress: 4 bills added
HR 1187: Vote to pass a bill that requires an issuer of securities to annually disclose to shareholders certain environmental, social, and governance metrics and their connection to the long-term business strategy of the issuer.