Here’s everything we added to the database this week! Let us know if you need anything else!
Highlights from the Week
1. This week President Joe Biden met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Geneva, Switzerland to discuss relations between the two countries. Click here to read reactions to their summit from your representatives.
2. After overwhelmingly passing through the US Senate and House of Representatives, President Joe Biden signed a bill into law that establishes Juneteenth National Independence Day, June 19, as a legal public holiday. Click here to see how the House voted on the bill.
3. This week the US House voted to repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. Click here to see how they voted.
4. This week the state of California loosened its wide-ranging lockdown provisions and “reopened” following the decrease in coronavirus cases. Click here to read the latest statements from your representatives about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
5. This week the US House failed to meet the 2/3 required threshold to pass the LGBTQ Business Equal Credit Enforcement and Investment Act, a bill that would require financial institutions to report certain credit application data to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for the purposes of enforcing fair lending laws. Click here to see how they voted.
By Makala and the Elections Research team
It’s never too early to get ready for the General Election in November! Click here to see your state’s voter registration requirements.
By Chelsea and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 1,700 statements were added this week
The governor of New Jersey, Phillip Murphy, signed a bill into law that will repeal certain requirements for district board members at polling places.
Congress: 4 bills added
H Res 473: Vote to adopt a resolution that repeals the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.