Updated through 7/16:
Here’s everything we added to the database this week! Let us know if you need anything else!
Highlights from the Week
1. Senate Democrats have agreed to a $3.5 trillion budget in order to advance the Biden Administration’s policy priorities. Click here to read statements from your representatives.
2. Thousands have taken to the streets in Cuba to protest their communist government’s handling of chronic shortages of basic goods. Click here for reactions from your representatives.
3. This week President Joe Biden gave remarks on protecting the right to vote. Read his full speech here. Have your representatives made statements on voting rights? Find out here.
4. Payments from the Child Tax Credit are being sent out, according to the Treasury Department. Click here to read reactions from your representatives about the tax credit.
5. This week German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, visited the White House to discuss relations between the two nations. She and President Joe Biden signed a formal declaration for future cooperation on an array of global challenges. Read the statement here.
By Makala and the Elections Research team
We are getting ready to send a Political Courage Test to 2021 candidates! Read more about Vote Smart’s Political Courage Test here.
AL State Senate 14, AL State House 73, GA State House 34, GA State House 156, WI State Assembly 37
By Chelsea and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 2,100 statements were added this week
States: 23 bills added
The Pennsylvania Senate passed a bill that would require identification for voters each time they cast a ballot.
The California legislature passed a bill that authorizes a recall gubernatorial election without the approval of the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Congress: 0 bills added