Highlights from the Week
1. On Wednesday the United States Capitol was breached by supporters of President Donald Trump. Click here to read reactions from your representatives.
2. On Wednesday evening, members of the House and Senate voted to certify Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election. Click here to read their statements.
3. Calls to invoke the 25th Amendment or bring impeachment charges against President Donald Trump have been raised after events at the Capitol on Wednesday. Click here to read those remarks.
4. Congress passed a COVID-19 relief package at the end of 2020. Click here to read Vote Smart’s summary.
5. Click here to see the full list of United States Senator’s sworn-in to the 117th Congress for the upcoming legislative session.
6. The United States House of Representatives has been sworn in for the 117th Congress. Click here to see the full list of representatives.
By James and the Elections Research team
Montana’s governor has been sworn into office. You can learn more about the new governor and lieutenant governor here.
Utah’s governor was sworn into office on January 4th. Click here to learn more about the newly sworn governor.
By Annie, Chelsea, and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 757 statements were added this week
States: 21 bills
Congress: 1 bill
That’s all for this week! Thanks for following along and supporting Vote Smart.