Highlights from the Week
1. This week President Joe Biden announced plans to withdraw troops from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021. Click here to read reactions from your representatives.
2. In response to cyber attacks, the Treasury Department announced wide-ranging sanctions against Russia. Click here to read statements from members of Congress.
3. The funeral for Capitol Police Officer William Evans was held this week after he died in an attack on Capitol grounds on April 2nd. Read President Biden’s tribute here, and read statements from your representatives here.
4. This week the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a pause in Johnson & Johnson vaccine usage, citing blood clotting cases in women. Click here to read statements from your representatives about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
5. Check out all the candidates running in the New Mexico special election for U.S. House District 1 here. The election is scheduled for June 1, 2021.
By Makala, James, and the Elections Research team
Want to see who the candidates are that are running in New Jersey’s primary election for Governor? Click here to see the full list of primary candidates.
Click here to see the full list of candidates running for the state legislature in the New Jersey primary. The election is scheduled for June 8th.
CT State House 112, NH State House 21
By Annie, Chelsea, and the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 1,805 statements were added this week
States: 66 bills added
The Arkansas Senate passed a bill that would prohibit individuals from entering or remaining within 100 feet from a place where voting is taking place.
The Tennessee legislature passed a bill that authorizes non-resident property owners to vote in municipal elections.
The New Hampshire House voted to establish a new date for the state primary election.
Congress: no bills added