Highlights from the Week
1. This week German Chancellor Olaf Scholz met with U.S. President Joe Biden to discuss the international situation between Russia and Ukraine. View remarks from President Biden at a press conference from the two world leaders here.
2. This week saw athletes from all over the world compete in the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games. View statements from members of the U.S. House and Senate reacting to the event here.
3. This week the U.S. House of Representatives passed the America COMPETES Act or the America Creating Opportunities for Manufacturing Pre-Eminence in Technological and Economic Strength Act. View how all members of the U.S. House voted here.
4. This week the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Global Respect Act, a bill designed to impose Visa restrictions on countries that violate human rights. View how members of the U.S. House voted here.
5. We have completed the biographical research on candidates running for Governor in Texas. Click here to see the full list of Texas gubernatorial candidates, and click on their bio tab to learn more.
By the Elections Research team
Check out the candidates running for Congressional office in Indiana for the 2022 midterm election. Check out the full list of candidates on the primary election ballot here.
Click here to check out the full list of candidates running for state legislative office in Alabama in the primary election on May 24th.
Check out the full list of candidates running in Ohio’s gubernatorial primary election on May 3rd here.
We have updated all the candidates running in Alabama’s gubernatorial primary election. You can see the full list of candidates running here.
Click here to see the full list of candidates in Kentucky’s congressional primaries which our team has completed biographical research on. Just select a candidate, and click on their ‘bio’ tab to see their full record.
Want to learn more about the candidates running in Kentucky’s state legislative primary election? You can see the full list of candidates running here, and click on a candidate and their ‘Bio’ tab to learn more
By the Officials Research team
Public Statements: 830 statements were added this week
The Arizona state legislature passed a bill that prohibits transgender girls from playing on female sports teams.
The New York state legislature passed a bill that amends state congressional districts.
The Kansas state legislature failed to override a veto of a bill that amends state congressional districts.
Congress: 4 bills were added